The Passport Card is available to all Irish Citizens who hold a valid Irish Passport Book.
Your personal details must be an exact match of the details that appear in your Passport Book.
Your Passport Card is valid for travel to the United Kingdom, all EU Member States (including Ireland), the members of the EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway), and Switzerland.
It is recognised as a valid travel document by the relevant national authorities.
You must apply online. You will save money if you get your Passport Book and Passport Card at the same time as part of a bundle.
- 5 years at the most.
- The Passport Card will match the expiry date of your Passport Book, if you have less than 5 years validity remaining.
- Pay by credit or debit card.
- Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club International and American Express cards are accepted.
- You can only get a Passport Card with a Passport Book as part of a bundle which is an option you can select when renewing your child’s passport online.
- Passport Cards for under 18s will be valid for the same period as the Passport Book.
- You may apply for a Passport Card individually.
- Your passport book must have at least 3 months remaining validity.